Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Drive

The drive to and from preschool everyday can be very informative. These are the things that I have learned from Rubie over the past few days:

1. That she will like onions once she starts kindergarten.
2. That dogs are kitty cats sometimes.
3. That she is going to buy me a pink I Phone.

Today, she told me that she is going to have a boyfriend when she gets married. hmmmm. Then she asked me what her husband's name is. I told her that I didn't know because she won't meet him until after she graduates college. And she said, "Yeah, but what's his name?"

In my car, I play country music on the radio. Rubie has recently started listening to the songs, and asking questions. Here is one exchange about a George Strait song:

Rubie: Is he sad?
Mommy: Yes
Rubie: Why?
Mommy: Because his friend left.
Rubie: Why?
Mommy: I don't know.
Rubie: Why did he "have a few"?
Mommy: ummmmm.

Maybe rap would be better?

These pictures have nothing to do with our drive home - but I love a clean 3 year old...


5 comments:

Bargain is the New Black Gal said...

LOL! It's probably better than your son singing Womanizer and thinking he's the shizzit!

Eloise said...

It's the county, blame it all on the country.

Eloise said...

Oh, and can you ask her to buy me a pink iphone? I think I would really like that.

karin said...

I love clean children, too! The smell is even better! By the way, rap music may be better but you may have trouble explaining why there are words left out.

Jenna said...

I agree with Ellie, and despite loving country, it's the country. Reminds me of two year-old Victoria dancing around the room belting, "Cause Earl had to die...na na na na na na, Goodbye, Earl! Hey!"